What is a Board Certified Lactation Consultant?
Getting off to a good start helps breastfeeding work well for moms and babies, and an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant can help! An IBCLC is a highly skilled health professional with special knowledge and ability to handle many types of breastfeeding issues.
International Board Certiﬁed Lactation Consultants are:
- Recognized the world over as possessing the only standardized, board certiﬁed lactation credential available
- Knowledgeable about up-to-date evidence-based practices in lactation as demonstrated through a rigorous exam process
- Experienced in a wide variety of complex breastfeeding situations
- Competent to assist mothers with establishing and sustaining breastfeeding, even in the midst of difﬁculties and high-risk situations that can arise
- Sensitive to the needs of both mothers and children as they work to help mothers meet their breastfeeding goals
- Ethical in their practice, abiding by Standards of Practice and a Code of Ethics and working within a deﬁned Scope of Practice
How can Rochelle help you and your baby?
An IBCLC gives new families encouragement and support, and helps with:
- Basic information about breastfeeding
- Positioning and latching the baby at the breast
- Dealing with breastfeeding difficulties that may arise
- Breastfeeding twins or triplets
- Breastfeeding a premature or special needs baby
- Breastfeeding even when medical issues arise with mom or baby
Lactation consultations are available in our office or in your home.
Call 760-940-BABY to schedule your appointment.